[Typo3-dev] BE "limit to languages" wishes

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Tue Apr 12 10:16:55 CEST 2005

Hi!

I never used this setting until now, and it's lacking a feature which I
thought it had. It disallows editing but not viewing of records.
Sepcifically it doesn't suppress forbidden languages in web>page (using the
"languages" mode).

If a site has more than say 3 languages this mode becomes practcally useless
as the HTML page gets too wide. I hoped that limit-to-lang would hide all
forbidden languages. Plus I have still new/edit-record icons for languages I
have no rights. IMHO it's inconvenient to have the access-forbidden message
only after my click. That is on new record there isn't even such a message.
Only an "invalid type" for the language drop down (resolving to the default
langauge if you insist on saving).

Anway, restriced or not it'd be cool if we had some way (checkbox or
hide/show-button like in the new 3.8 module bar) to hide certain languages
in the web>page languages mode.

Masi