[Typo3-dev] Ldap implementation

Daniel Thomas dev at dpool.net
Tue Apr 12 08:25:59 CEST 2005

Hi Didier,

sorry that I did not answer Your last email and thank You for Your
contribution. Please clarify again the objective of Your changes:

Do I get this right that you want to support static group membership in
the synchronisation process?
What puzzles me about Your changes is that You add code concerned with
the actual synchronistation logic in three places:
- the authentification service class
- the synchronistaion module class
- the framework utility class (where it really belongs)

The extension system was built with the aim to avoid such redundancy by
splitting code pieces in order to make them easily reusable. When You
made Your changes in the tx_ldapserver class You have without doubt
seen the outcommented function getStaticFEGroups directly above Your
new function getStaticGroups. This function is outcommented because I
did not yet make it configurable enough and haven't tested it
thoroughly. However, the concept should be easy to grasp and it deals
with static group membership without having to change the other classes
as well.

Could you explain to me what your changes do that could not be done
with this function if we were to change one or two lines to make
configuration easier and change the name into something more general
like the getStaticGroups you have proposed.

Regards

Daniel

> Hi Development group,
>
> Some months ago I posted a change for the ldap implementation (code and
> all). Till now I still have not heard enything so that’s why I am
> sending
> this mail. I get a lot of questions of persones who like to use the
> patched
> version. The developer told me he is to busy so he has no time. If all
> agree
> I would like to take over his responsebility for the development
> coordination of all ldap issues for:
>
> Ldap_lib
> Ldap_auth
> Ldap_server
> Ldap_sync
>

> Regards,
>
> Didier Gehéniau

--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Eduard-Schmid-Str. 9 | D-81541 München
t 08945227582 | m 01793918781 | fax 08945227583

http://www.dpool.net | http://www.typergy.com
http://typo3partner.net

/--