[Typo3-dev] Ldap implementation

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Apr 11 21:59:37 CEST 2005

Didier Gehéniau schrieb:
> Hi Development group,
>
> Some months ago I posted a change for the ldap implementation (code and
> all). Till now I still have not heard enything so that’s why I am sending
> this mail. I get a lot of questions of persones who like to use the patched
> version. The developer told me he is to busy so he has no time. If all agree
> I would like to take over his responsebility for the development
> coordination of all ldap issues for:

I have also some patches for some of these libs.

I think noone minds if you take over. That is if you have the authors
consent. You can't simply take over by declaring (though you could make
a fork).

As for ldap_lib: IMHO the lib is really a piece of nine but non-OO code.
To make it useful/clean it needs some reworking - especially for multi
directory server access. The current nortion of "global" LDAP object is
inherently broken.

I'm interested in your proposed changes.

Masi