[Typo3-dev] URL-encode problem with mm-relations in the BE (UTF-8)

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Apr 11 14:06:21 CEST 2005

Hi Martin

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I think it has been posted before but couldn't find any message.
>
> I have an mm-field and UTF-8. The "items:"-field is displayed corretcly,
> but in the "selected:" field the elements are broken (all non-ASCII
> chars). It seems that the string values are converted one time too many
> with urlencode or a similiar function.

I solved it for me by defining utf-8 as default charset for 'de'. I added
this value to the $charSetArray in class.t3lib_cs.php

old:
new:
  'de' => 'utf-8',

but that's no real solution. I would consider this as a bug, because the BE
assumes that the db has iso-8859-1 as charset even if BE-force_charset is
set to utf-8 and the db is converted to this charcet.

greets
rupi