[Typo3-dev] XML vs. Serialized Arrays

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Fri Apr 8 13:30:30 CEST 2005

Hi!

Arne Skjaerholt schrieb:
> In essence this is the lesson: If you want efficiency, don't use XML.
> XML is lovely for some things (human-readability and editability being
> one of them), but efficiency is not one of them. XML requires rather a
> lot of string parsing, which is quite inefficient.

I can absolutely second this! Human readability and understandability
ist one of the main reasons why XML formats are being used. I guess this
is also the reason why XML is used in TV.

The format of theses XML-snippets in the database does not really matter
to me, as long as it is still editable XML in the backend.
I opt for perfomance ;-)

Cheers,

Dan