[Typo3-dev] gifbuilder quality, imagecreate()

Martin Kutschker martin.kutscher.n0 at 5pam.blackbox.net
Thu Apr 7 11:30:55 CEST 2005

To dig up an older thread:

"Ingo Renner" <typo3 at ingo-renner.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1109273148.26069.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Am Mon,  7 Feb 2005 17:44:58 -0600 schrieb typo3 at davidlanier.com:
>
>> I have just reported my first bug ever, bug number 0000760.  Andreas,
>> thank you
>> for suggesting I do that.  Anyone else who has some information about
>> this bug,
>> please drop a note on the bug page.
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000760

Didn't make it into the beta. :-(

But the patch is now bitrotten anyway and I noticed that
imagecreatetruecolor() is called without any check for GD2 (via $this->GD2).

Any chance this gets into 3.8 if the patch gets some polish? Don't want to
break the GIFBUILDER, but reduced colors look sub-optimal if you use high
quality JPEGs for fancy/stylish menus.

Masi