[Typo3-dev] Mouseover changes larger picture

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Tue Apr 5 00:26:01 CEST 2005

Hi Ingo - and others,

Thank you for your version! I will have a look into this, though I am not
sure it can be modified for my needs. It's seems that you have to upload 2
pictures for swapping. What I would like is that my extension automatically
generates the 2 different sizes and mouseover the small one swaps the large
image with the one the mouse is over (in the large edition). Similar to what
this extension does, but my problem is to find the filename of the large
image to include that in the swap command for the small one, and ensure that
the large edition is being made by the image engine, so that I will not get
errors loading the large image.

Could I generate the large edition image (at the same time as the small
ones) within my extension PHP code and not show the image? By that saving
the image filename and use that for the mouse over code?
Or the nasty way! Generate the image(s) the ordinary way in my extension,
but hiding it/them with CSS in my HTML code? That will make the image(s)
preload in some way and make it easy for me to swap them with JavaScript.

Regards,

Lars Houmark