[Typo3-dev] Mouseover changes larger picture

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon Apr 4 17:01:03 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I am to make an extension where I have a list of uploaded images.

The plan is to have a list of small images and one placeholder for a large
image. When the user moves the cursor over the small image the large version
is shown in the the placeholder. The JavaScript needed is very easy for me,
but my concern is how to know the name of the large image. And secondly. The
large image is made on the first hit. How to avoid getting red x's on the
pictures until a large version has been made?

I am sure someone has done this before, I just cannot find any documentation
on it. Could someone point me to either documentation (which I have missed),
an extension doing the trick, or some example code for my extension?

Thank you in advance,

Lars Houmark