[Typo3-dev] Image Processing API - getting rid of IM

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Mon Sep 20 09:53:50 CEST 2004

Hi!

Simon Child wrote:
> One more OSS product which *might* be worth investigating: the Gimp can be
> controlled by scripting.
>
> "One of the wonderful features of GIMP is that it all its functionality may
> be accessed through scripting. "
>
> "there is another possibility and that is to run the scripts from the
> command line, as a normal perl program."

Yes, I also think The Gimp might be worth to look at.

So let's see what should be further investigated:

1. Extending GD, so no other tool is required (I'll check that out)

2. Making use of GM instead of IM, thus sacrificing compatibility to
old IM 4.2.9 (Stucki?)

3. Test scripting (cmd-line) API of The Gimp (Who?)

I wouldn't want to make use of a commercial image-processing-product, so
  Fireworks is no option for me...

Cheers,

Dan.