[Typo3-dev] Image Processing API - getting rid of IM

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Fri Sep 17 18:19:37 CEST 2004

Hi Ernesto,

> Not very comprehensive, but here is a comparison of IM/GM/GD/NetPBM:
>
>  http://www.baschny.de/graphic-test/

Thank you very much for this, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I see that you are comparing the execution time and the file size, any if
you compare only these values, one should definitely use IM 4.2.9 and
definitely avoid the GD library ;-)

However there's one big reason why I don't want to use IM 4.2.9 anymore:
It's no longer maintained.

So if you ignore IM 4.2.9 then GraphicsMagick looks like the way to go.
Agreed?

> Note that I have just tested resize/thumbnail generation, no other special
> effects that might be possible with these tools.

Would be interesting, yes. But can you do that? If not, would you mind
sharing the script you used for testing?

Kind regards
- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html