[Typo3-dev] feature-patch for pi_list_browseresults

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 19:36:52 CEST 2004

--- "Michael H.E. Roth" <mher at mher.de> wrote:

<snip>

> Now, if there are 2 different html-template markers or 2 different
> ts-elements you want to assign the page browser and the result count
> to, I
> don't see no way but to call the function twice (at least not without
> breaking the traditional behaviour). But if you can position the two
> parts
> merely by css, it should be possible to do it with just one call.
>
> what do you think?

I think this is a poor option. It's just another way of forcing people
to use a particular sort of markup that might not be appropriate to the
purpose. I don't really see what would be gained over the current table
method.

IMO, it would be better to just call the function once and populate a
couple of typoscript objects with the results; this way, a developer
can wrap and output one and unset the other one etc...

-Christopher