[Typo3-dev] Normalisation / OOP - a Case Study (ObTS)

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Oct 29 10:54:22 CEST 2004

dan frost wrote:

> My conclusions are:
> - In TYPO3 there is often a "hook" point where we could hijack the flow
> into alternative classes (like i did in the switch statement)

This is good. And is see that it is possible to make large changes if
such a hook exist. It's much harder if there is no such hook and even
harder if no such hook can ever exist because the task simply
invlolves/affects many parts of the code.

> There will always be teathing problems - but I would like to reasure
> people: it is possible to change things with very small changes to the
> code. For example, to OOP a set of class (or 1 class) in TYPO3 you can
> hijack part of it into your own family of classes (as i've done).

Considering your motto (see below) this is indeed possible.

> In my opinion: it is best to start with the attitude "breaking stuff
> doesn't matter - just make it great" and work back.

I saw the reason for ObTS, I don't see it for normalisation.

Masi