[Typo3-dev] database normalisation

Thu Oct 28 23:46:52 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> dan frost wrote:
>
>> I start this thread to state that several people are interested in
>> noramlising the TYPO3 database.
>>
>> where do we go from here?
>

> Define where you want to go:
>
> - What is the goal?
> - What are the benefits?
> - What are the issues?
> - What are the dangers?

At this point we should have a "how should you desgin DB-application for
TYPO3" guide. With this guide new development could be startet from a
better startingpoint.

> As we know it'll break compatibility. So Kasper will not accept the
> changes or it'll need strong arguments ("it's cleaner" is not good enough).

"Old development" should be reviewed, slow and not nomalised should be
rewritten, for best performance.

[..]

Ingo

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung