[Typo3-dev] feature-patch for pi_list_browseresults

Michael H.E. Roth mher at mher.de
Thu Oct 28 13:21:41 CEST 2004

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Rainer Kuhn schrieb:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Michael H.E. Roth wrote:
>>
>>> I added some - I think - nice features to the function
>>> pi_list_browseresults in class.tslib_pibase.php:
>>>
>>> - optional first and last links
>>> - optional "floating" of the displayed pages (i.e. with maxPages=5 and
>>> displayed page is 7 of 10, links to pages 4 through 8 are displayed, the
>>> number of pages past the current page is configurable from 0 to
>>> maxPages - 1)
>>> - optional displaying ie  1-20 21-40 ... instead of    Page 1  Page 2
>>> - it doesn't change the behaviour if the additional
>>> 'internal'-array-elements don't exist.
>>>
>>> Do you think these are useful additions
>>
>> I think these are _very_ useful additions. The display features of
>> pi_list_browseresults IMHO have not been very useful for me in many
>> cases.
>
> very useful. :->
>
> If I am not mistakeing the <table> stuff is harcoded in there as well.
> might be really nice if we could abstract that too, into either template
> or TS.
Yes it is, and I agree that some more formatting options would come very
handy and would really make this finally useful, but in the first place I
didn't want to do anything that would break the "traditional behaviour", and
second this would be a much bigger task than what I did so far (it took me
about 30 minutes including testing...)
Maybe we should first do a little requirements "survey" so it becomes most
useful for all.

Michael
--
Michael H.E. Roth