[Typo3-dev] feature-patch for pi_list_browseresults

Michael H.E. Roth mher at mher.de
Thu Oct 28 13:21:29 CEST 2004

Rainer Kuhn wrote:
> Michael H.E. Roth wrote:
>> I added some - I think - nice features to the function
>> pi_list_browseresults in class.tslib_pibase.php:
>>
>> - optional first and last links
>> - optional "floating" of the displayed pages (i.e. with maxPages=5 and
>> displayed page is 7 of 10, links to pages 4 through 8 are displayed, the
>> number of pages past the current page is configurable from 0 to
>> maxPages - 1)
>> - optional displaying ie  1-20 21-40 ... instead of    Page 1  Page 2
>> - it doesn't change the behaviour if the additional
>> 'internal'-array-elements don't exist.

> - and meanwhile you could publish it in this list or on a website as I
> really would like to try it... :)

OK, you can download the patch here:
http://www.mher.de/pi_list_browseresults.patch.gz

unzip into dir where class.tslib_pibase.php resides, then call

patch -b class.tslib_pibase.php pi_list_browseresults.patch

the additional 'internal'-array-elements are:

$this->internal['pagefloat']
(integer: number of page-links behind current page, if not set or negative:
"traditional behaviour")

$this->internal['showFirstLast']
(if set to 1 it will show first and last links and also sets "show always
previous" to true, if not set or not 1 these links don't show ("traditional
behaviour"); additional entries in locallang.php needed: i.e.:
'pi_list_browseresults_first' => '<< First',

'pi_list_browseresults_last' => 'Last >>',

$this->internal['showRange']
(if set to 1 it will show the Record-Range for each page instead of the
localized word for page and the pagenumber, if not set or not 1:
"traditional behaviour")

comments welcome

Michael
--