[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila, normalising the database and XML

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 15:27:25 CEST 2004

> But anyhow. I definitely vote for DB-normalization!

Great to see support.

I have actually spoken to Kasper about this before and I bet you he
won't jump at it because it'll seriously break backward compatibility
(Don't argue with this bit ... it's not my point...).

I suggest that:
1. We design a normalised database for TYPO3's core
2. We look at all the implications - in the core, the extensions, the
DBAL etc
3. We try to do it!!!

Basically, we have to put our coding where our mouths are!

Yes: this is a major "branch" and would probably not get finished for
about a year or so (from experience of developing ObTS). I don't think
this should split the community - we should just setup the branch for
experimenting and finding solutions where backwards compatibility etc
don't matter as much as they do in the main branch.

I am happy to help or lead this... but where to start???

dan