[Typo3-dev] safe mode and mail() in class.t3lib_htmlmail.php

Jan-Erik Revsbech jer at moccompany.com
Wed Oct 27 13:16:31 CEST 2004

> > Well, I don't see any solution with PHP because of safe mode
restrictions
> > but...
>
> One could replace mail() with some code that talks to a MTA directly.
>
> Masi

Yes, but I still think that all mail implenetaion should be replaced by a
service in Typo3. This way different method to send mail could be implented.
Either by a MTA (different MTA's even) or direct to SMTP server (or maybe
others).

Did'nt someone start out to create such a service? I havent heard about it
for some time, perhaps the poject was dropped.

/Jan-Erik