[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila, normalising the database and XML

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Wed Oct 27 10:49:49 CEST 2004

Hi Dan!

dan frost wrote:
> I actually disagree. I build on average 2-3 extensions per week and the
> majority fit well into one class because correct factoring is pointless:
> the functions aren't reusable.
>
> Going along with the Extreme programming way of thinking: refactor when
> it's needed (ok - a little corrupted...).

Yes, I see it that way, too.

The whole normalization-discussion has been around for quite some time
now. I also see the need to normalize and clean up the
database-relations. But, the more you normalize, the more joins you need
to get your dataset. This takes time, which is expensive on the server.

But anyhow. I definitely vote for DB-normalization!

Cheers,

Dan.