[Typo3-dev] Question on thumbnail handling BE vs. FE

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Tue Oct 26 14:05:56 CEST 2004

Hi.

On 2004-10-25, Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] <mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de> wrote:
> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> I don't. TYPO3 does :)
>>
>> I want to understand how images are scaled when inserting an image via
>> the BE in a simple CE.
>
> umm...
> via the IMAGE cObj

Erm, yes.

But what is the flow in the PHP? There is a different way of creating
scaled images for BE and FE, and I want to understand why and how they
differ.

There are a lot of methods involved, and I had hoped someone had
looked at this before. Would have made it easier to get the complete
picture. I'll dig into this myself, then. Yes, I'll write it
down. Don't count on it before february, though.

Karsten