[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila, normalising the database and XML

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 00:03:54 CEST 2004

I actually disagree. I build on average 2-3 extensions per week and the
majority fit well into one class because correct factoring is pointless:
the functions aren't reusable.

Going along with the Extreme programming way of thinking: refactor when
it's needed (ok - a little corrupted...).

My thinking is: if the core was more normalised and factored the
extensions would HAVE to follow.

And, i think this is a big problem for TYPO3. When TYPO3 had to go
xhtml-compliant, Kasper had to change what everyone thinks of as the
core (the cms extension, i think). This is classic re-build - not
re-configure.

As long as core things are not normalised/factorised then future changes
will always be really big.

This is just my opinion

dan