[Typo3-dev] [Typo3] Pagecontent disappears (technical question, help appreciated)

Stig N. Færch stig at 8620.dk
Fri Oct 22 11:49:52 CEST 2004

> I have tried in the typo3.english group, but no one seemed to able to
> help. So I hope it's allright that I try here instead.
>
> I have this problem that when I edit/create and then save a
> pagecontent, the element disappears.
>
> I have narrowed down what the problem is, but not what it's caused by.
>
> It seems like that when I edit an existing or create a new pagecontent
> element and then save it, the fe_group field in tt_content is set to
> "" (empty).
> When I look at the fe_group field of other records, I see that most of
> them are 0.
>
> So why is this happening when I save the pagecontent?

I have compared the type of the field fe_group in two tables tt_content
and pages with other tables like tt_news.
In my system the field is varchar(30) in tt_content and pages, but
INT(11) in tt_news.
Then I compared with 3.6.2 Typo3 installation. Also here it's INT(11).
So I changed it to INT(11) and now it works.

The question is now what it is supposed to be??

/Stig