[Typo3-dev] FlexForm in Web>List-Mode - how?

Michael H.E. Roth mher at mher.de
Wed Oct 20 10:25:01 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:

> FlexForms only provide a way to map data ("input fields") to some
> structred form (via xml configuration) to one single blob/text field.
> AFAIK there is no mapping to individual db fields.
>
> Basically you will have to use tranditional fields for all data that has
> to be "sql-selectable" and may use FlexForm for the rest of th data.

thanks for your quick response,

I obvioiusly got it totally wrong: I thought the flexform_ds.xml would/could
be used as a substitute for the tca.php.

So there is no way to use such a nice multiple sheet (Flex)Form for records
with traditional fields?! :-(

So, if I would write my own Module, is there a way to use

a) the List-Functionality from the standard List-View through some API?
b) use a FlexForm here and get the resulting XML into a variable which i
could convert to an array with xml2array() and then do the database-update
myself?

Thanks again

Michael
--