[Typo3-dev] RealURL+tt_news: Wrong ascii-conversion of country-specific characters

Ådne Hovda aadne at hovda.no
Mon Oct 11 18:07:37 CEST 2004

Hi people

Using the latest versions of TYPO3 and RealURL & tt_news from TER I've
run in to some problems:
I.e. æ,ø,å in links should translate to ae, oe, aa.

This *works with normal page-links*, but *not with tt-news-generated links*.
Please take a look at www.nygenerasjon.no for an example, click on a
link in the news-list with a æ,ø or å in it and see that the letter is
simply stripped.

Poking around in the code I see that RealURL has started using the
global charset-translation-functions found in t3lib_cs.

What makes me wonder is that this used to work for both normal pages and
tt_news *before* the recent change of RealURL, and I was using the
CVS-version of RealURL.

What do you think, is this problem related to tt_news or RealURL or have
I missed something?

Ådne Hovda