[Typo3-dev] custom doxygen tags for documenting hooks?

Jan Roehrich jan.roehrich at iao.fhg.de
Mon Oct 11 14:33:40 CEST 2004

I'm replying so late because I have had a similar idea yet.

> I think doxygen can do this:
>
> It let's you define custom tags.
> It let's you create an index page for the occurences of these tags
>
> I think with this we could have easily a list of all hooks.

That's not a bad idea but the problem is that such a resolution should
also cover some kind of versioning because you can't assume that
everybody always uses the newest versions of the core and extension and
wants to find a hook which fits his configuration.

My idea is to initially create a new category "hooks" in the bugtracker
where everybody can propose hooks to the core. By means of the bugs status
everyone can easily get a list of all accepted hooks. The versioning would
be already covered by the bugtrackers version information.

Greetings Jan