[Typo3-dev] TYPO3-LIVE released

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Mon Oct 11 11:11:03 CEST 2004

Hello together,
yesterday I relesed the TYPO3-LIVE CD ROM as an iso image. The main
purpose is to have a running TYPO3, that you can show your client.
(It boots from many systems, without istalling the software on the
harddrive of the client, keeps everything in RAM, and you can edit
in the backend/frontend. Baes on the KNOPPIX CD ROM) At the moment,
the CD text is in german with Lorem Ipsum, but you can
easily add new content on your own, with TYPO3-LIVE CD alone!
The documentation on how to add own content and how to make a new
iso file is on TYPO3-LIVE under Dokumentation. For your advantage:
This documentation is in english ;-)
So if someone translates new content, that is interesting for everyone
please release it under the http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html
GNU Free Documentation License so that we can share the data.

You find the iso image at http://www.typo3-live.de -> download

Feel free to share comments. We will incorporate what we think is
useful for all.

One thing: By default the CD starts with german keyboard. If you
enter knoppix lang=us at the bootprompt, you get us keyboard.
You get more information on other languages with F4 and F5 pressing
at the boot prompt. Supported keyboards are: us, cs, da, de, es, fr,
it, nl, pl, ru, sk, ...

Please test this, as I do not have other keyboards handy, please tell
if this works! (It should as it is well testet by the Knoppix people
whom I want to thank at that place!)

For all who want to master their own images on a regular basis I highly
recommend vmware! http://www.vmware.com. This saved me a lot of time!

have fun
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100