[Typo3-dev] Template Wrapper in TYPO3 core?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sat Nov 27 16:01:58 CET 2004

Christian Jul Jensen wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2004 at typo3.com> writes:
>
>>I have discussed this idea with Christian Jul Jensen in May 2004 and he
>>seemed pretty interested in working on it - but he is very busy with
>>other TYPO3 things at the moment (workflow) and therefore I will now
>

> I have given this a lot of thoughts already and have ideas to how to
> implemenent and structure this, I have a few UML diagrams and stuff
> also, so if anyone is interested in this, let me know.

Can you post here or publish somewhre your ideas?

A template wrapper sounds nice, but eg TS marker styles and Smarty are
very different. The latter eg supports the idea of loops, which is quite
cool but requires different code in the application.

Also we should have performance in mind. IMHo the wrapper should a( be
thin and b) use refereces as much as possible to avoid further bloating
of the memory footprint.

Masi