[Typo3-dev] Click menu / right click

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Nov 26 11:16:13 CET 2004

Andreas Otto wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Donnerstag, 25. November 2004 14:06, Martin T. Kutschker wrote in
> typo3.dev:
>
>>Does it matter in the BE?
>
> It might not really matter at present but since quite a few websites
> have to be created according to accessibilty guidlines by law these
> laws usually apply to the gui of a wcms as well.

To me accessibility matters. But while the BE is fine for all users who
are not (visually) impaired I think it's beyond the scope of any
alternative access like screen readers or braille readers.

So I think for the current BE it's indifferent wheter the HTML documents
validate or not. A validating document alone does not make an accessible
interface, so the the BE won't fulfill the requirments. I'm talking of
the intention of the law not it's formal aspects.

Masi