[Typo3-dev] Dates in non-UNIX format

Andreas Otto ao-lists at php4win.de
Fri Nov 26 10:19:45 CET 2004

Hi Ingmar,

On Donnerstag, 25. November 2004 18:46, Ingmar Schlecht wrote in
typo3.dev:

> Additionally I'd say don't
> really care about time zones, so I opt for storing all dates as local
> time. It might not be perfect from the theoretical point of view, but
> in practice it suffices for me to know my soccer mach is happening at
> 12:00, intelligence tells me CET is meant if the event takes place in
> Germany.

This is a strict no.
Not all people are intelligent and machines are not intelligent at all
(not at the moment).

It is easier (and probably better) to deal with date and time
information when you know which time-zone you have to take into
account.

Cheers,
Andreas

--