[Typo3-dev] Dates in non-UNIX format

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Thu Nov 25 22:38:37 CET 2004

This is like the charset issue. I think TYPO3 did well as a CMS for four
or five years before someone made us realize that a welldefined charset
makes sense.

I would go with ingmars arguement that it works fine for many people
with just the local time zone. Therefore I believe that a TYPO3
installation should have defined which timezone it is in (same as the
timezone that time() returns the time for). Then, extensions / backend
that takes in dates from other places in the world can easily convert
their dates to the servers TZ.

I just can get a clear idea about the implications for the system to
implement this (whether it is easy and non-dangerous or if it is a
complex issue).

Someone who cares more than me might help here..

- kasper