[Typo3-dev] feature requests / password fields (be)

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Thu Nov 25 19:34:50 CET 2004

 *hiya!*

 I request to change the password fields for backend users (and
 optionally fe users) from the input type "text" to "password".
 (as I set my own password in front of a client in his installation
 today and I type rather fast and therefore didn't recognize that
 it was clear text until I had typed it completely... hmmm...
 don't like that very much and I imagine that this occurs often)

 Any drawbacks? There must have been a reason to make it not of type
 password I think...

 btw: another thing I do in nearly every project is to hide the output
 of the password column in the page module view for fe-user records and
 change the clear text password to an encrypted one...
 why isn't that standard behavior too?

 I felt always rather uncomfortable to see other's passwords in
 clear text... simply md5 "encryption" eases that... though it's not
 really secure... but it hinders me (and others) to change to the dark
 side... *hehe* ;-)

 tia, bye
 Wolfgang