[Typo3-dev] indexed_search top-10 feature requests

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Nov 25 14:54:53 CET 2004

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm working on the extension "indexed_search" at the moment. I will
> therefore offer the list a chance to present their top-10 feature
> requests for this extension. The deadline is tomorrow afternoon.

Reindexing of pages and page trees from the BE (no more clicking through
your site).
Note: this might need some API that allows plugins to "create" pages for
indexing (ie iterating over it's possible cHashes)

Support of charsets beside iso-8859-1 (including but not limited to all
iso-8859-*, windows-* and of course utf-8).

Moving handler code of external documents out of the extension
introducing some kind of plugin API (perhaps based on the filter services).

Some way to to fill the index from a plugin/application (ie a general
API for Olivier's suggestion of 3rd party search engine integration).

Manual configuration of stop words.

Calling the module "Indizierung" instead of the ugly, eye-hurting
"Indexierung" in German ;-)

Masi