[Typo3-dev] Click menu / right click

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Thu Nov 25 09:47:02 CET 2004

 *hiya!*

 It's common in standard user interfaces, that a right click opens
 a context menu.. and I would call TYPO3's clickmenu a context menu;

 Now there's a Javascript event called "oncontextmenu" that works in
 all recent browsers like IE 5+, Netscape 6+, Safari, Firefox, ...

 I've changed the following line in typo3/template.php (method
 wrapClickMenuOnIcon, line 294) and it works like a charm:
-------
return $returnOnClick ? $onClick : '<a href="#" oncontextmenu="'.htmlspecialchars($onClick).'" onclick="'.htmlspecialchars($onClick).'">'.$str.'</a>';
-------

 Please think about it, IMHO that's a big improvement on usability!
 (don't tell me that you've never right clicked on the icons) ;-)

 There are some other occurences of "loadTopMenu" (copy, ..) so please
 make a grep for that and implement it wherever needed!
 (though this should be configurable as usual to fit the personal needs)

 tia, bye
 Wolfgang