[Typo3-dev] why not....

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Thu Nov 25 07:28:53 CET 2004

Juergen,

Juergen Egeling wrote:

>>Because it's not GPL. We cannot include this in a GPL product.
> ? He writes its freeware, and encourages people to make a donation.
> He delivers the code, wants his copyright included, and does not
> want filenames to be changed.
> Thats (IMHO) *much* less than GPL wants, so where is the exact problem?

The problem is that he does not explicitly permit you to redistribute
fValidate, either verbatim or with changes. The restriction on file
renaming may contradict GPL too.

I sent him an email asking whether he would be willing to release
fValidate under GPL/BSD/other GPL-compatible license, let's see what he
says. I doubt he'd do it because if he wanted to he would have done it
from the beginning.

D.