[Typo3-dev] Dates in non-UNIX format

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Thu Nov 25 01:11:28 CET 2004

On 25 Nov 2004, at 1:02, Martin Seebach wrote:

> stefano cecere wrote:
>
>> obvious, all 64bit-timestamps are in GMT=0 .. so we can assure
>> "absolute" positioning in the time dimension..
>> so every installation should take care of the (quite easy to develop)
>> relative time-zone compensation.
>
> Actually, no, not neccessarily. I usually store my timestamps in
> localtime.
> And there is no need to develop anything - the issue is the same with
> 32 bit timestamps, and we handle those fine today.

well, for me this topic was the first that made me move against the
actual implementation...
both because Typo3 doesn't implement timezones at kernel level.. both
because i'm developing wide range websites that would need to manage
timezones.

if an upgrade has to be done, for me timezone is a MUST.
i agree that prehistoric ages are not essential.

stefano