[Typo3-dev] Dates in non-UNIX format

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Thu Nov 25 00:28:21 CET 2004

>  The widely recognized alternative to the current unix time format is
> to use a signed 64 bit integer instead of the current 32 bit. This
> covers back some twenty times the age of the universe, and, well, the
> same (minus 30 years ;) ) ahead. 64 bit ought to be enough for
> anybody.

i agree that this sounds as the most easy to implement, more
compatible, and "wider" solution...

obvious, all 64bit-timestamps are in GMT=0 .. so we can assure
"absolute" positioning in the time dimension..
so every installation should take care of the (quite easy to develop)
relative time-zone compensation.

OT: i'm thinking  about a "Star Trek" series, starting episodes using
this time counter :):)

i think the ISO standards are there to stay and to be used for exchange
of data.. but if typo3 could go 1000% faster using 64 bit timestamp
instead of 16chars strings..
i think it would not be that difficult to write a 64 timestap <-> ISO
datetime little library... (i guess it already exists)

last think: also because i'd like to have datas <9999ac and  >9999 (yes
i'm an ancient history fond and sci-fiction novelist ;)

just my 2 cents
stefano