[Typo3-dev] Please review this patch to disable generation ofempty title tags.

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 23 00:58:58 CET 2004

Hello Hannes and Kasper,

>>if( strlen($titleTagContent) ) {
>
> Oops. Yes, you're right. I attached the corrected version of the patch.

Thanks for your patch. There's still one problem, Kasper:

TSref says this for config.noPageTitle:

--- cut ---
noPageTitle, boolean
If set, the page title will not be printet as the <TITLE> of the doc.
--- cut ---

As Hannes stated, this is wrong  because it won't keep the <title> tag from
being added, it will still return the sitetitle in a '<title>' tag unless
you set this to an empty string in your page template.

So what is the better option:
- Strictly skip the '<title>' addition if config.noPageTitle is set
- Update TSref description

>From a logical aspect, I'd vote for the first option.

- michael
--