[Typo3-dev] Next version, kick off

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3.org
Fri Nov 19 02:44:24 CET 2004

Ingo Renner wrote:

>>2- BETTER PUBLISH TO STATIC
>>For performance, we all know that calls to DB are "expensives". Nothing
>>beats plain/stupid HTML files at the filesystem level for performance.
>>We also know the limitation of the actual feature in the Admin Panel...
>
> but html files aren't dynamic - this is why you always will have a dynamic
> part of the FE if you want features like forum, polls or something like
> this...
>
> just my 2 cents
> Ingo

Sure! So most sites will be mixed sites. With a flag or some kind of
"trigger" telling the publishing system not to generate a real static
file, you can have the best of both world.

In other words, something like tt_news should "tell" that the page
containing the rendering of the news should still be dynamic.

I will wait for TYPO3 4.1 ...   ;)

Patrick