[Typo3-dev] TS embedded help (bis repetita)

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Thu Nov 18 15:07:30 CET 2004

Hello,

OK, I'll try again, it seems that documentation questions are easily overlooked
:)

I noticed that many questions on the mailing lists could be answered by digging
a bit in the TSref/TSconfig docs, however I can understand that people feel a
bit lost in these big documents and I am amongst them.

What I prefer to use is the TS embedded help that pops up when you press the TS
button in any TS / TSConfig textarea in the backend, however that doc is not
up-to-date, which again makes user ask questions that are simply resolved by
pointing them to "new" functionalities not documented in the embedded help.

While I appreciate that keeping TSref/TSconfig updated is already a big job, the
embedded help could be reasonably behind in terms of "freshness", but even in
Typo3 3.7.0 I can see not-so-new parameters not appear there.

How often do we generally update the online TS help (the one that appears when
you press the "TS" icon in any TypoScript textarea that offers the option).

If I had a wish for next typo3, it would maybe be an updated TS help (if I am
told how to, I think I can contribute to that).

Regards,
Stephane