[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 21:17:01 CET 2004

--- "Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>]" <mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de> wrote:

> I appreciate the technical idea behind it - my customers don't
> appreciate the pricing thats 3 times as high, because we have to use
> hacks over hacks to make it look the same over various browsers and
> spend weeks on CSS just to make it work.
>
> > Lots of examples out there.
>
> ...while a working solution is at hand.
> This is what I don't get about the whole thing.

This was also the point of starting this discussion (though this wasn't
the discussion I meant to start...); at least for extension
development, the problems you encounter are not typically difficult to
solve in a more flexible way using better css and less rigid markup.

Maybe I will start with a 'css for extensions' manual or something
after all...

-Christopher