[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Nov 17 20:57:30 CET 2004

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] wrote:

> Like the web isn't meant to present design, just information? :)
> Honestly - I spent a week now to check out CSS and DIV layouts in detail...
> I appreciate the technical idea behind it - my customers don't
> appreciate the pricing thats 3 times as high, because we have to use
> hacks over hacks to make it look the same over various browsers and
> spend weeks on CSS just to make it work.

Hi Mathias,

I guess it take some effort to really get into it. TRhe trick is also to
avoid having to use these hacks. Typically this should be in the hands
of the design department. In my experience this is not a thing
programmers would have to deal with allthough it is a bit technical. I
have seen time and time again that programmers have not got the mind to
get into this. I have realised a lot of good cooperations in our company
with programmers and with people in the community. It seems to work as
long as the layout is not incorporated in the scripts.

> But I would appreciate if you figure out some time in Kitz to show me
> some of the tricks you need to do things right.

The pleasure would be all mine and Sacha's too.

da gRTz

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation