[Typo3-dev] Inline glossary in TYPO3 backend

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Nov 17 19:07:43 CET 2004

Hi,
> - To import the glossary which is in the wiki. I don't know the status
> of that but some time ago the 250 glossary words were exported to the
> wiki in the hope that the community would complete it. I expect that to
> be the basis for the glossary content when finished (currently I only
> implemented a few test words in an extension, "t3glossary").

The glossary has about 90 words explained right now! "Only" 160
more to go!!!

I will try to encourage people to write more explanations by
posting the current status in some mailing lists now and then.
So far I think we are doing very well!

I think it will be difficult just importing words/explanation
from the wiki. Partly because it is hard to keep the syntax
"clean" enought for automatic import and partly because you
don´t get any "quality control".

But when I have looked at the extension I can say more
exactly... In the meantime, we keep on writing:
   http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Glossary

> - To create a proper word-substitution; I only created a simple one that
> does not work correctly yet. If someone is interested, look in
> view_help.php in CVS, last two functions and help us make it work!!!

I´ll take a look at the extension, not as a programmer but as a
writer.

--

/Peter Kindström