[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 17 15:02:43 CET 2004

Hi Ben,

I don't want to discuss tables and divs anymore. Are you still refering
to this by this reply when you talk about "CSS"?

What I wanted from you was an answer to why the hardcoded class tagging
in extensions from the kickstarter is not good enough (if that was what
you meant). I mean; The kickstarter will spit out some auto-generated
class names encapsulating plugins, eg. all plugins from an extension
"myext" will be encapsulated in a <div class="tx-myext-pi1"> or so.
Probably you think that <div class="forum"> is a more readable idea but
it is not unique and the idea of my recommendations are that if classes
used in extensions are unique for the extension we don't even HAVE to
make customizable HTML templates for them because from CSS you can
change anything you liek since there is a unique identification of all
classes used!

I call this sofisticated usage of CSS; You don't need HTML templates and
CSS is in charge of it all. Isn't that dreamland?

- kasper

--
- kasper

--------
Please notice NEW EMAIL ADDRESS for 2004!! (due to SPAM-contamination)

"kasper2004 at typo3.com"