[Typo3-dev] any extension developers need html/css templating?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Nov 17 11:13:27 CET 2004

Hi,

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> OT...
>

>>It's hard to get thinking into CSS after abusing tables for so long.
>>And I don't think I speak for myself that most coders are terrible in changing their way of thinking... 8-)
>>

> If the W3C really wanted to get rid of tables they should introduce the <grid> tag:
>

> <grid border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
>   <row>
>     <cell width="33%">Value 1</cell>
>     <cell width="33%">Value 2</cell>
>     <cell width="33%">Value 3</cell>
>   </row>
> </grid>

I guess that would just be the same, except for table being named grid
now. ;)

I think that's why the w3c provides the 'display: table' stuff.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visuren.html#display-prop

Never used it yet, but have thought about it recently. ;)

Cheers,
Peter

P.S.: I do very much agree with ben's words.