[Typo3-dev] Memory issues

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Tue Nov 16 13:19:34 CET 2004

Martin T. Kutschker schrieb:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>

>> A side issue to the next version:
>>
>> 3.7.0 were scaringly hungry for memory - basically because the locallang
>> XML files where so huge and consumed tons of memory on the first hit
>> where they were parsed into temporary cache files with backend labels.
>

> I haven't looked at the code (pointers to the relvenat files are
> appreciated), but if you load the whole file in memory and parse it into
> an array, you could try to move to the callback approach.
>
> If somebody tells me where I can change it I may supply a patch. But
> I'll will leave the time/memory profiling for others. My time is rather
> limited in the next time, sorry.
>
> Masi

Perhaps it is a good idea to make an extension which logs database
queries and the xdebug output and of course other important things..
The idea is that many peopla can install that extension and submit the
results to the group, so more data is available for analysing.

If you find it is a good idea I would like to help building that extension.

Greetings