[Typo3-dev] A database spanning wide

Mathias Bolt Lesniak, liliO Design mathias at lilio.com
Thu Nov 11 14:46:08 CET 2004

Hi!

I have an idea for a quite wide spanning extension. I call it an
address database, but it's more than that.

I don't have the time, nor the knowledge to develop all of it, but I
was hoping other people could find it interesting and we join up in a
group.

The main thought came out of the fact that there are very many
extensions for Typo3 doing very much of the same job (i.e, there are
many calendars). If I want front end users to be able to sign up for
events from one event extension, I have to write my own extension or
enter all the event information in again.

My idea is that of an extension that can take data from anywhere and
use it anywhere, and have the possibility to manage that information in
one place.

Another important feature should be that each event - or whatever you
connect the database up to - should be able to define their own
information fields, just like you can define your own fields for
templates in Templa Voilà.

Thus the extension can be an extension for event organization, for
fundraising, for managing football teams etc. - You name it.

This extension has huge potential, but my idea is to implement most
features through extensions of the extension... Through this existing
extensions can work intimately together with this "address database"
aswell, without necesseraly too many added lines of code.

Please read this PDF for more information:
<http://www.lilio.com/addressdb/ideas.pdf>

Best wishes

Mathias Bolt Lesniak
liliO Design - Technology through Art