[Typo3-dev] anybody developing a task manager extension?

Daniel Thomas dev at dpool.net
Fri Nov 5 09:38:13 CET 2004

Hi Carlos,

> Hi David:
>

>> Great work Carlos!
>
> Well... thanks... but it is still pre-alpha. Rather a proof of concept
> so
> far.

Why do you think its pre-alpha?
It's marked as stable everywhere.

>> Just wondering, what are your thoughts of integration with the new
>> Typo3
>> Project Manager?
>> (http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/projectmanager/)
>

> Project Manager seems to be addressing other type of needs. This is my
> first
> impression. I wanted something rather simpler and faster to deploy and
> manage.  Anyway, the main reason I didn't got deeper with Project
> Manager
> was that it was rated "No Cigar".

This rating is does not really reflect the situation. We spend a lot of
time communicating with Robert Lemke who overtook reviewing of the
extension and changed everything in the extension so that we got to a
cigar level. It seems that he did not upload the latest review. Which
is probably due to the fact that currently he is travelling a lot.
I'll ask him to change that so that people are no longer scared away.

> Regards,
>
> Carlos

I have been following your discussion a little  bit and wanted to reply
earlier. I had a look at the module you did. It seems to aim at a
organising and representing notes in a treestructure of categories.

The projectmanager is centered around representing the timeline of a
project. If the timeaspect of the data and its representation is not
important the projectmanage probably does not help much.

Best regards

Daniel