[Typo3-dev] feature-patch for pi_list_browseresults

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Wed Nov 3 18:07:49 CET 2004

Michael H.E. Roth wrote:
>>After some tries now I understood what $this->internal['pagefloat'] does,
>>but IMHO it is still a little confusing to use.
>
> maybe I should change the name? But to what?

Hmm, don't know yet...

>>I would prefer an alignment
>>option to decide if the page links around the currently active page are
>>left-aligned, right-aligned or centered withing the range of maxPages;
>>something like:
>>
>>$this->internal['pagefloat']
>>(string 'L', 'R', 'C': alignment of page links within the specified maxPages
>>range, if not set or another value: "traditional behaviour")
> Well, I could add these alpha-values to the possible integer values:
> 'R' would translate into 1
> 'C' would translate into ceil(($maxPages-1)/2)
> 'L' would translate into $maxPages-2

I'm not sure if this 'L' translation works for all ranges of maxPages?

>>Yes, got it. This works fine - except of the line [...]
>
> This is the currently intendet behaviour: see doc in previous post
> (29.10.04 14:22) and source-code:

Sorry, I read this yesterday, but forgot it today... :)

> maybe I should introduce another marker: ###fromto### so you also can wrap
> the whole range: like <...>1 to 5</...> and not only each number by itself.

Yes, this could be helpful for some cases.

>>One last proposal for improvement: maybe an additional parameter to
>>disable linking of the currently active page link could make sense. IMHO
>>the "traditional behaviour" of the list browser (linking the currently
>>active page same as all other page links) is a little irritating.
>
> good idea, how should we control this: via
> $this->internal['dontLinkCurrentPage'] or via an extra parameter function
> pi_link_browseresult (... , $dontLinkCurrentPage=0) ?

I would prefer $this->internal['dontLinkCurrentPage'] as you don't have to
change existing method calls of pi_link_browseresult() for using this new
feature.

Cheers,
Rainer