[Typo3-dev] SQL wrapper functions

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Wed Nov 3 08:07:59 CET 2004

 *hiya!*

 On Tue, 02 Nov 2004, John Begley wrote the following:
> I'm using the sql wrapper functions independently of the typo3 database - is
> this allowed/needed?? - it seems to be trying to access tables from typo3
> database inside a separate database...  Am I looking at things the wrong way
> here?  Do I just use regular mysql functions for separate databases?

 No, but if you use the same identifier for two databases, you'll have
 to re-connect to the other one if you want to use it ;-)
 (simply avoid using $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB'] for any other database, that
 should solve your problems...)

 bye
 Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Klinger           wolfgang(at)stufenlos.net
                            http://www.stufenlos.net/

 current: --> http://www.stipendium.at/