[Typo3-dev] Non-plugin usage or replacement for pi_getPageLink()

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Nov 2 16:51:47 CET 2004

Rainer Kuhn wrote on Oct 22nd:
> Currently I'm working on an extension which extends the standard TYPO3
> FE login/authentification. For this purpose I made an extension class
> 'ux_tslib_feUserAuth' (extending the TYPO3 core class
> 'tslib_feUserAuth', which itself extends 't3lib_userAuth').
>
> In this extension, which is not a FE plugin, I also need some
> functionality like pi_getPageLink() to build a redirection URL from a
> given PID, but the class members of 'tslib_pibase' are not available
> here.

After some investigation in the code I assume the reason for this is the
sequence of calls in index_ts.php:

The method I'm extending is check_authentication() from
class.t3lib_userauth.php. In index_ts.php, the call of $TSFE->initFEuser()
(that initiates the call of class.t3lib_userauth's method
check_authentication() via some nested function calls), is done long before
all page generation/output stuff becomes available.

> Are there comparable methods in another generally available TYPO3
> class or is there a reasonable way to use tslib_pibase methods in non FE
> plugin extensions?

Still I haven't found a proper solution for this problem. Is there anybody
who could help me with this?

Any ideas appreciated!

Thx,
Rainer