[Typo3-dev] "Provides" for TYPO3 Extension dependance logic

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Mon Nov 1 18:59:27 CET 2004

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> Has anyone else run into similar problems and what were/are your
>> thoughts on this?
> That's a known feature request, but no-one coded it yet.

Is there any place to see that request / previous discussion? I couldn't
find it in the mailing list archive (not surprisingly). Maybe "provides"
was not the terms used.

> Also there was a request for implementing "virtual packages" that
> consist of nothing but dependancies to other extensions.

Can't you do it now? With just ext_emconf.php file and nothing more in
the extension?

These other
> extensions should automatically be downloaed from the ExtRep one-click.
> Ideally, all should work like apt-get or thelike.

Agree absolutely. That would be just great, and it does not necessarily
require having "provides".

Thanks for the comments,

D.